Damion Sammarco | Creative Director
TAXI – Executive Creative Director – 2016-Present
Creative lead for New York office.
Clients: Mohegan Sun, Kraft/Heinz, Applegate, Dannon, Evian, Horizon Organic, CIT, Capital One, Nerds, DXL, V8.
Grey – Creative Director – 2011-2016
· Work on creative efforts for clients such as Papa John’s Pizza, LongHorn Steakhouse, Dulcogas, Hasbro, RadioShack, 3M, Smuckers and E*TRADE.
· I covered everything from broadcast to new business, social, digital and CRM.
Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners – Creative Director – 2006-2011
· Lead, managed, supervised and basked in the everlasting light of my 14 creatives.
· Produced integrated campaigns, including TV, DRTV, radio, retail print, direct and dimensional mail, digital/display, experiential, social and everything in-between.
· Managed the creative duties and relationships with NetJets, Rolls-Royce, Goldman Sachs, Capital One Bank/Card and Cablevision accounts.
Merkley & Partners – Copywriter – 2005-2006
· Helped launch new design division of agency.
· Worked on complete redesign and relaunch of Mercedes-Benz collateral program.
Freelance – 2001-2005
· Wrote the North American brochures for every new BMW model and Samsung HDTV.
· Created general and response-driven campaigns for clients including Rider Insurance, Jaguar, Volvo, Englewood Hospital and the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.
· Created the Nicotinel/Novartis global brand guidelines for Euro RSCG.
Ritta & Associates – Copywriter – 2000-2005
· Launch programs, direct mail and collateral efforts for BMW, Samsung and others.
Bloomberg LLP – 1996 1999
· Telecom Engineer – worked on telephone and voicemail systems at New York HQ.
· News writer/producer – wrote and produced segments for Bloomberg TV.
Contributor to Time Out New York (restaurant reviewer), Benzo Magazine (for Mercedes enthusiasts), ROAR (Jaguar dealer publication), BMW Magazine,Eastern Edge (snowboarding).
· Worked the club circuit in NYC.
· Produced “The Tuesday Night Train Wreck” open mic with Joey Gay.
· In post-production on a documentary about Pips, America’s first comedy club.
New York University – 1997
· EFFIE — BMW 2009
· MOBIUS — BMW 2009
· CTAM MARK (Cable TV Advertising/Marketing Award) — Cablevision/Optimum Business 2009
· International Automotive Advertising Award — BMW 2003/Mercedes 2005
· ADDY — Sharper Image 2007/2008
· NJ Adclub — BMW/Samsung 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004